Monday, April 22, 2013

[Review] Up to Me - M. Leighton

Up To Me - M. Leighton

Up to Me by M. Leighton
   

"If falling in love means risking getting hurt, then I'm okay with that. Because finally, for once, I've found someone worth the risk."

Reminder: Down To You is the FIRST book in this series. Up to Me is the sequel! If you haven’t read that yet… GET TO IT! RIGHT MEOW! Then read this toot suite!

MIND….. BLOWN. And I mean the type when you’re like What the fuck. Wait… WHAT!? *mouth drops open* WHAAAAAAAAAT!!? No.  Yes? No…..  Oh my gawwwwd. Fuuucccccckkkkkkkkk. I’m pretty sure I texted at least 2 people saying any one of those “sentences” freaking out.  Oh and not being able to talk about this OBSCENE mind fuck with anyone is just killing me.  But, I digress.  Soon enough, I can let out the slur of obscenities to someone and they will completely understand. You know that conversation when you’re like. “OMG” “I KNOW!” “like WHAT!?” “Right, I can’t believe it.”Fuck.” “Then the part when..” “YESSSSSS!!”. Yeah, the ones where you don’t have to even say what happened, and the other person is just 100% there with you. Anyways, on to the review…

I can’t even. Up to Me was such an awesome sequel.  M. Leighton does it again, with her shocking twists and turns. I can honestly say that I wasn't expecting THAT. What happened was an amazing twist and turn of events. Note, this is the second time that Michelle has left me completely awestruck at how she was able to fool me. You know the old saying, “Fool me once, shame on you… Fool me Twice, shame on me?” Yeah well… Shame on me. No. SHAME ON YOU If you haven’t started this series!!!

Olivia and Cash are one of the sexiest book couples ever.  Honestly, while reading the sex scenes I was torn between stop reading to go seduce my husband, or keep reading and enjoy the mental images… Yum. Although they have some downright dirty escapades *cough The VIP room cough* they also deal with life and everything that comes with it. Not to mention the dangerous excursions that aren't exactly part of your normal relationship.  Even with all of the craziness surrounding them, you can still relate to each one of them on a personal level. 

Cash Davenport. YES. I said Cash, not Nash. Two words can express the reasoning behind loving this character. Bad Boy. Cash is a bad boy who is a genuinely good person. I love me a bad boy, and I do not blame Olivia for falling for this one. Hell I fell for him too!  His witty personality, inner monologues, and his need for protecting Olivia, just makes him irresistible. Olivia, I love  you too girl! Talk about adorable.  She’s the right amount of Sass, Strength, and Sweetness. The endless banter between her and Cash is flawless and downright hysterical. Especially my sweet ‘lil ol’ southern  cougar Ginger.

Up To Me really raised the bar from Down to You. I thought Down to You was amazing, but this just blew the first one out of the water. In the first book, there’s the “WTF! Did that just happen!?” moment. In this book…. It’s like a slap to the face. “Wake up bitch! Cause THAT just happened.” M. Leighton, you’re beautiful beyond words and your greatness shows through the depth in your characters. I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and can NOT wait until the Third one comes out.  I still have some catching up to do with her other series, but I completely and whole heartedly advise you to read this series!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...