Tuesday, April 30, 2013

[Top Ten Tues] #6

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started at Broke & the Bookish.

This weeks Top Ten:
Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book
Kait's Picks:

Contemporary New Adult:
This has quickly become my absolute favorite genre, mostly because of ALL THE FEELS these books give me. I can't stop buying books labeled New Adult!

Bad Boys:
What is it about them? I don't know, but I will almost always buy a book if it features a "bad boy" character.

Musicians:
You know when you read a book about musicians that it's going to be a rough ride. As a bonus, these books usually feature bad boys[read previous topic].

Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic:
There is so much room for story building in these kinds of books. I love being drawn into a completely different world. 

Multiple POV:
I love knowing the many sides of a story, so when I find a book written this way I get so excited. It amazes me how a author can have so many voices in their head for just one story.
Beth's Picks :
New Adult - YESSSSSSS. Sexy. What ISN'T there to LOVE about New Adult?! Especially being the age that I am now, sometimes I really get sick of the high school scene. It's SO amazing to finally see books around my age(ish).

Paranormal Romance - My first love. No one will ever replace you. Even though I may stray. :)

Contemporary - I'll admit, Until about 7 or 8 months ago, I didn't really give Contemporary's a chance. Now that I have... There is no going back!

Dual POV - Honestly I love seeing the characters different sides to the story. The alternate view on something that happened can be so amazing and just so different from the other character.

Dystopian - Well, who doesn't love an alternate world. The creativity behind these books and everything between the first page to the last... it's always a new adventure!


What's in your Top Ten this week!? 

17 comments:

  1. I forgot New Adult *facepalm* But it seems like we all love dystopian. Also contemporary is perfect for summer :) Great picks girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEW ADULT!! It was my number one as well this week!

    Check out my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Adult didn't make my list, but only just. I also love it a whole lot!

    Thanks for stopping by! =)

    New GFC follower!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also a fan on multiple POVs (if they are well done, that is) :) Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love multiple POV! I haven't branched into NA yet but maybe soon. I agree with the music! I love when books have music in it. Awesome list ladies :)

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list ladies! Several of which I did not have on my list but could have been there. :)

    Happy Reading!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looove dual POVs so, so much. I love seeing all the characters' thoughts. New adult and contemporary are awesome genres as well. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had dystopia in My Top Ten but I wish I had thought of the dual POV because I love those books!!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dystopian and multiple POV = totally agree!!! Multiple POV adds so much to the depth of a novel sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I also love Dystopia and "bad boys". They have an appeal to me ;) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been having a hard time with NA - I think it's just not for me. But big yes to dystopia, post-apocalyptic, and paranormal romance!

    Thanks for visiting.
    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    ReplyDelete
  12. We do have a lot in common Beth! I really enjoy New Adult too.

    Thank you so much for stopping by and for the follow, I'm following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love when there's multiple POVs too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can fall hard for some musicians! AND bad boys! I'm just now really getting in to the New Adult genre...um OMG LOVE IT! Paranormal Romance will always be one of my loves.
    Thanks for the follow and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with Shelver's comment :) Also, I just now started liking multiple POVs more. I love knowing both sides to the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! Btw, new follower :) Great blog, ladies!

      Delete
  16. Music is on my list, at least partly because of those bad boy musicians! So annoying in real life but they make great characters!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...