Wednesday, April 24, 2013

[Waiting On Wednesday] #6

"Waiting on Wednesday" Is a meme created over at Breaking The Spine,
 to showcase what we're most eagerly anticipating to read next!

Kait's Pick - Okay, I loathe this cover, it's so blah. But I LOVE Holly Black, so I'm definitely going to dive in when this is released.

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown - Holly Black

Hardcover, 432 pages
Expected publication: September 17th 2013



Tana lived in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist. In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey. The only problem is, once you pass through Coldtown's gates, you can never leave.


One morning, after a perfectly ordinary party, Tana wakes up surrounded by corpses. The only other survivors of this massacre are her exasperatingly endearing ex-boyfriend, infected and on the edge, and mysterious boy burdened with a terrible secret. Shaken and determined, Tana enters a race against the clock to save the three of them the only way she knows how: by going straight to the wicked, opulent heart of Coldtown itself.

-------------------------

Beth's Pick - This sounds really good. Jessica had me at the cover!

Left DrowningLeft Drowning - Jessica Park
Paperback
Expected publication: July 16th 2013


What does it take to rise from life’s depths, swim against the current, and breathe?
Weighted down by the loss of her parents, Blythe McGuire struggles to keep her head above water as she trudges through her last year at Matthews College. Then a chance meeting sends Blythe crashing into something she doesn’t expect—an undeniable attraction to a dark-haired senior named Chris Shepherd, whose past may be even more complicated than her own. As their relationship deepens, Chris pulls Blythe out of the stupor she’s been in since the night a fire took half her family. She begins to heal, and even, haltingly, to love this guy who helps her find new paths to pleasure and self-discovery. But as Blythe moves into calmer waters, she realizes Chris is the one still strangled by his family’s traumatic history. As dark currents threaten to pull him under, Blythe may be the only person who can keep him from drowning.

This book is intended for mature audiences due to strong language and sexual content.

Note: due to mature content recommended for Ages 17.


What are you Wildly Waiting For!??!

10 comments:

  1. I feel like there's a lot of books with drowning in the title popping up around me lately. oO Even if it's only a simily. Well, I'm personally not looking forward to either of those, but I might pick tehm up after reading some convincing reviews. ;)
    My WoW, and there's also a 100 Followers Giveaway running on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coldtown sounds amazing! I love Holly Black's books :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both books sound great and I would love to read them. I hope you enjoy reading your picks!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second book is so interesting! I'm a contemporary fan, so the book is right up myalley. Thanks for sharing! :D
    Hey, check this out! :D
    Review: Losing It
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Holly Black's Curse Worker Series. I would've picked up this book for that reason alone but it definitely sounds interesting. First time hearing about Left Drowning - I'm noticing a trend now between two broken people saving each other. If done well it can be a great read (i.e. Pushing the Limits) so hopefully this one falls in that category!

    Great picks ladies & thanks for visiting!
    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both books sound good. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by :)

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/blog-tour-sign-upawaken-by-jaime-guerard.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been waiting for Coldest Girl in Coldtown for well over a year! Agreed, the cover is less than awesome but it's Holly Black! I'd read it even if it had the ugliest cover in the world.
    Left Drowning is new to me but it sounds interesting too! The characters promise to be very complex and that's always enjoyable :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Jessica Park. I met her at the BAE and had my copy of Flat Out Love signed. I am waiting for this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh Left Drowning sounds like a really emotional read. Definitely going to add it to my TBR list!

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...