Thursday, May 23, 2013

[Review] The Archived


The Archived - Victoria Schwab
The Archived by Victoria Schwab

"The only way to truly record a person is not in words, not in still frames, but in bone and skin and memory."

The Archived is a concept that is just so amazingly original. I mean what’s not to love? Victoria brings together four of my favorite words… Library. Dead. Books. Records. And now I’m in love. 

I will say.. I may be a bit biased due to the fact that I had the AMAZING opportunity in my life to become a ‘Keeper’ to help promote the book before it was published. Victoria actually gave us a list of things that we could do, to help promote The Archived, and she had some crazy amazing ideas. My best friend / blog mate and I decided to do a “Providence Takeover” where we pretty much did every item on the list! We did some sidewalk chalk art of Keys up at Prospect Park, (of which we were so scared to get caught… even though it was only chalk) and we stickered some signs, went to a library to hand out some bookmarks. We had SO much fun. Probably one of the best blog related days of my life!! Anyways, back to the book…

Intrigued by not only the BEAUTIFUL cover and the out of this world writing, every chapter only added to my fascination. I loved everything this book had to offer – and it has a lot to offer. The imagery and overall thought process that has gone into this is just outstanding. I’ve heard some really good praise for her first novel The Near Witch. I will admit I haven’t read it yet, but I definitely intend to. Victoria has such a unique writing style. (I know I know, every author is unique) Sometimes, you just come across that one author that you’ll forever read ANYTHING they publish. Victoria is now one of those authors for me.

Seriously, I don’t think I can say enough times how much I loved this book. It took me a long time to read it, due to unforeseen circumstances… but every time I opened the book I just didn’t want to put it down. The characters intertwine in such an incredible manner. I will admit, I totally got caught up in the not so obvious love triangle. Above all, I love Wes and Mackenzie. I love them together, and apart. Each one of their characters are so well rounded and so different from the norm. This book is seriously one of the best written mixed genre’s I’ve ever read. The Archived has a little romance, a lot of mystery, some spook, mixed with the least bit of angst and just the right amount of supernatural. 

It’s very hard to write a review about The Archived without being spoilery. I don’t want to give away too much, but at the same time I want to tell you everything. With that said, this will be a short review, because I just can’t keep my mouth closed! This is definitely a book you DO NOT want to miss. I can’t wait to read Vicious, and I will be going crazy until January when I can finally read UNBOUND!!! [The Archived 2]

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really good! Been wanting it since it came out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...