Thursday, June 6, 2013

[Review] Bella Key - Scarlet Chastain

Bella Key – Scarlett Chastain
Bella Key by Scarlet Chastain
         

As if my husband didn’t already think I had lesbian tendencies! Oh boy.  I read this and was like, Oh shit, I’m so lesbian right now. Lesbianist, (a Kait & I saying for Let’s be honest) I’ve always been someone who can appreciate the female body. Face it - no matter what, as women we are beautiful, mysterious, and powerful creatures.

As much as I enjoyed this novella/short story I have to say that I really wish it were longer.  I knew going into this that it was a short story, but this could definitely be the start of an amazing book.  Although I wanted more, I was still 100% satisfied with the entirety and conclusion that Scarlett gives to the reader.  Even though it has a definitive ending, you can still give the two leading ladies a beautiful “after” story, if you know what I mean. 

Characters were phenomenal, imagery was beautiful, and the writing was fantastic.  Even though it was a novella, I never once felt the author was rushing things to get a point across. The scenes were deliberate and well thought out.  All in all, if you’re looking for a quick read, that’s packed with steamy and amazing escapades, this is the story for you!  I will say, this was my first female/female perspective on a lovers and I couldn’t be more pleased. Scarlett has opened me up to a whole new world of sizzling hot reads, and I can’t wait to see what she comes out with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...