Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke & The Bookish.
This week's Top Ten
[Top Ten Most Intimidating Books]
-I've been holding onto this one for so long, but I am so afraid to start it because I've had such a love/hate relationship with this series and I want to LOVE the end.
-This is another series ending book and I am afriad! I loved this series until Beautiful Chaos, but I want to love it again.
-I'm afraid it won't live up to the hype. I hate hype.
Captive in the Dark
-I have heard nothing but good things about this book, but it still scares the bejeezus out of me. Check out the warning: “WARNING: This book contains very disturbing situations, dubious consent, strong language, and graphic violence. “
I really, really want to read the pretty copy sitting on my bookshelf, but it is long. For some reason this has made me move this further down on my list.
- Yeah. Cancer... freaks me out. I've had some seriously hard times in my life that revolved around cancer. I'm a BIG fraidy cat with anything that even MENTIONS any type of cancer.
Harry Potter (Series)
- Yep, I went there. I'm gonna say it. *raises hand* I ADMIT, I HAVE NEVER READ HARRY POTTER. Now I just.. I don't know. I want to sometimes, but I feel like I just can't. I'm sure I'll love it... it's... I just can't explain it. [Please stop yelling at me!]
- Nope, haven't read this either. I know it's one of those OMG you HAVE to read this type books. Oddly enough I was lucky enough to get a signed copy of Requiem at BEA. I do plan on reading this before they make a television series out of it, so I can be just as mad as all of you! :)
Bared To You
- I have a copy of this on my kindle. I have a signed copy of Reflected in You. I'm just afraid of it. I liked FSoG. Won't lie. The 3rd one... not so much, but I definitely LOVED those books when I read them. They introduced me to a whole new genre of reading... so some may say its one of the worst series out there, but I'll say it loud and proud. I loved it when I read it. I know I'll love this one too.. but I just haven't got there yet. I guess I'm waiting for the series to end.
- I was disappointed by Passion. so... I'm kinda afraid to read this, even though it's the last installment in the series. Fallen and Torment were great. Passion was just a let down for me and I'm not sure if I'm ready to POSSIBLY be let down again.