Thursday, October 10, 2013

[Review] Hells Knights – Bella Jewel

Hell's Knights (The MC Sinners, #1)
      


“Your life was bad; I see it in your eyes. When you grin, your face is empty, and I have no doubt when you smile, your eyes won’t shine like they should. One day though, baby, I will make them shine.”

“Who knew a group of bikers really could be my happy ending?"

I’m gonna start off by saying… I was never a fan of biker stories. For some reason, I decided that this looked good, and I wanted to read it. So… I started this with the “I’m not a biker fan” thinking. I will say… I was pleasantly surprised. I’m glad that I gave this story a chance because it definitely wasn’t what I expected. I’ve always felt like the label ‘biker erotica’ or anything of the like – was just trashy. I couldn’t have been more wrong… and now I am truthfully upset that I was that judgmental of a category before I ever gave it a chance. 

The characters in this book were superbly in depth and well thought out. The emotional backstories to each character was simply beautiful, and the intertwining of them was just wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed the imagery given to the reader by Bella Jewel. It really felt like I could hear the motorcycles revving up and the everyday backround noises at the bar. The sex scenes in this book were OUT OF THIS WORLD descriptive, brilliant, and unique. When you read this book, only one word comes to mind, INTENSE. 

I absolutely fell in love with the main character of Addison, (By the way I LOVE that name and hope to name a future daughter it) is a girl who for her age… has been through some serious shit. She’s spunky, doesn’t take shit from anyone, and knows how to take care of herself. She does what she has  to survive in the situation that she’s in, until she has no choice but to seek out a father she thinks abandoned her. Little does she know, she’s about to become the Princess of a rather large motorcycle club, Hell’s Knights. Addison knew that her life could get no worse by her new surroundings, until she felt that strange lust for Cade. Don’t get me wrong… they didn’t have an instant love thing going – in fact it was more of a seductive dance of hatred. Again, I say the word INTENSE. Speaking of Cade… holy sweet mother of gawd, he’s a menagerie of sexy. Everything about this character just screams at you to love him, hate him, and obviously devour him. 

Hell’s Knights will make you laugh, cry, squirm in your panties, and beg for more. This may be the first book in a series, but the series will be of standalones. I do wish that there was more of Addison and Cade’s story though. I’m hoping that in Book 2 there will be some mention of them.  Besides the fact I wish it were longer, this was a fantastic debut novel from Bella Jewel and I can’t wait to devour Heaven’s Sinners the way that I devoured Hell’s Knights. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...