Friday, May 16, 2014

[Review] Hers

Hers (Hers, #1)

I am weak.
I am lonely.
I am a slut.
I am strong.
I am Dominant.
I am independent.
I am Seven James.

My entire life, no one has wanted me, and that was fine, because I sure as shit didn't need anyone else. Blah, Blah Blah, insert sad story here about negligent parents, and shitty siblings, and you have my life story in a nut shell. When my college boyfriend dumped me, it was just icing on the cake. Five years, and a booming career later I am here to collect my revenge.

That was until a delicious plaything walked into the kink club I frequent, and rocked my typically un-rockable world. Causing me to break the one rule I have lived by since Daniel Alexander walked out of my life, never have sex with the same person twice. Ever.

Warning!!!! Hers contains sexually explicit situations that may be uncomfortable for some. These include FF, FMF, and MFM interactions


          

“This is the card we’ve been handed. This is our love story. Who are we to question fate?”

Hers was incredible story about love, lust, sex, angst, and giving yourself to someone. The fact that the woman is the alpha in this book is just beyond amazing. A person can only take so much of the same thing, and this is most definitely a breath of fresh air for those who still want the steam, but need to break away from the Alpha Male. Don’t get me wrong, I still love me an Alpha, but sometimes… it’s nice to read something different, something that can take you where you haven’t been in a long time. Dawn Robertson really created a great novel with this story. The characters were perfectly flawed and the imagery was so vivid you couldn’t help but place yourself in the scenes with Seven and Levi. Although there are some BDSM scenes in this story, they aren’t that heavy. With just a pinch of Dom / Sub action, the sex scenes in this book were phenomenal. 

“Sometimes in life, you have to throw caution to the wind. You have to take a chance on something that may not be a sure thing. This is what we call living.”

I absolutely adored the characters. Seven and Levi were fantastic while Star played a great supporting role. Seven is just a bad ass. She literally oozes confidence, assertiveness, sex appeal, and power. She’s just a force to be reckoned with. I especially liked her spiteful side towards her ex-boyfriend, seeing as how if I had the options, I would probably place his balls in a vice just as she did. (Figuratively speaking of course) Now Levi on the other hand... HOT damn. Just the name alone makes me want to do a sexy time dance. Sex. On. A. Stick. He’s the type you don’t take home to your mama cause she’s going to try to get in those jeans too! Tall, Dark, and Handsome. Did I mention that he’s in a position of power? Yeah… that he is. I can’t even describe him without wanting to lick the imaginary person in my head. DISTRACTION! 

“Levi is like a drug I just can’t get enough of. I want to overdose on him until I fall into a sex-induced coma, only coming back to life once he is fully out of my system, and I am once again safe.”

“The way that you come to me, without a single word or command. Like you are mine for the fucking taking; I always thought I would be the one belonging to you. “

You also get to meet Star, who is Seven’s best friend. They’ve known each other their entire lives. Not to mention they like to get down and get freaky with one another every once in a while. What a turn on!! Not going to lie – lesbian scenes are always so hot. I think others would agree. Well Seven, Star, and Blue (Seven’s brother) have a truly messed up past. The secrets that unveil themselves in this novel are astounding and leave you anxiously awaiting what happens. 

“But when I’m with you, I can’t think of another woman. When I’m not with you, I crave everything about you. From the scent of your skin to the electricity that flows through me when I lay a single finger on you.”

As my first Dawn Robertson book, I’m greatly impressed. I’ve definitely added a new author to my list of favorites. I’m pretty sure that this was her debut novel (don’t stone me if I’m wrong!) and I think she did a fabulous job with it. I definitely can’t wait to read the continuation of the story with book #2, Finding Willow. 

Amazon  |  Kobo 



Dawn  Robertson
Dawn Robertson is a twenty-something indie erotic romance, and mother. She lives in sunny senior citizen packed Florida, where she wrangles her kids, and Pitbull puppy.

Dawn can normally be found swearing like a sailor, making late night drive-thru appearances, arguing with her kids (or being run over by their power wheels), reading a steamy romance while hiding in her bathroom, writing her little heart out on her laptop (or dragging her Macbook to the Genius bar praying they can save her latest work in progress), or sipping on a smoothie. She loves to hear from her fans, readers, and authors alike. Feel free to drop her a message.

Dawn rarely takes life seriously, so be sure to expect heavy sarcasm from her. She is also the life of the party, so be sure to meet up with her at one of the many author events she will be attending in the next couple months. Buy her a shot of whiskey, and she will love you for life


Check out +Dawn Robertson on her social platforms or stalk her website! 
Just sayin'.... She's fucking adorable and I can't wait to talk / meet with her!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...