Friday, December 19, 2014

[Review] Bang

Bang (Black Lotus, #1)
They say when you take revenge against another you lose a part of your innocence. 
But I’m not innocent. 
I haven’t been for a very long time. 
My innocence was stolen from me. Taken was the life I was supposed to have. The soul I was born with. The ruby heart embedded in a life full of hopes and dreams. 

Gone. 
Vanished. 

I never even had a choice. 
I mourn that life. Mourn the what-ifs. 
Until now. 
I’m ready to take back what was always meant to be mine. 

But every plan has a fatal flaw. Sometimes it’s the heart. 

**Due to the dark and explicit nature of this book, it is recommended for mature audiences only.**






“He’s intense, overwhelming, addictive, and utterly all-consuming.”

*^^This sentence sums up my EXACT feelings of this novel. Bang is ALL of the above and more!!*

This is the first book in quite a long while that has actually made me WANT to write a review. THANK YOU E.K. Blair, I feel so inspired right now!!!! I just hope that I can keep this reviewing up, and get OUT of my funk! I fell in love with this novel. This is the first book by E.K. Blair that I decided to read, and now I’m completely in love with E.K. Blair.  I can’t wait to read the next installments of the Dark Lotus series, and I just bought the entire Fading series. Let’s be honest, I know I’ll devour it! Bang is a dark twisted tale that will leave you reeling and begging for more.

“You settled me. Everything you want from me I exactly what I want to give you. You don’t even have to take it. Just have it because it’s yours…”

I absolutely LOVED this book, but I also hated it at times. This is definitely a twisted, dark, passionate, emotional, deceitful, compelling and will leave you BEGGING for more. I was literally gripped from the beginning. I can’t even begin to tell you the mind-fuckery (Fuckery: Irritation and confusion of a situation. Total bullshit. Something so ridiculous you can't even deal.that) went on in this novel. Seriously, kudos E.K. you took angst to a whole new level with this novel. I can’t give this novel enough praise. I’m honestly blown away. I usually know pretty much where stories are going… and she flip-turned my entire theories upside down and THEN… my god, she ripped my heart out of my chest. When you get to this point in the book you’ll literally be shaking your fist in the air and saying “THE AUDACITY of this author!!!”
“The heart is a weapon – a self-inflicting weapon – that if not trained properly, can destroy a person.”

I can’t tell you much about this novel, because if you know anything about anything… it could possibly ruin it for you. I will tell you though, Bang is one of those books that remind you WHY you love to read. I feel as if the fire that was smoldering inside me has just been re-lit and brought back to fruition with beautiful flames of inspiration.

“The truest part of a person is always the ugliest. And with your evasiveness, I would bet that you’re pretty damn ugly beneath all that gloss.”

I will tell you… the ending of Bang is an outright WTF moment. You won’t see it coming, and when it happens… you won’t even believe that it did! I can’t even deal with the amazingness of this novel. You have to read this, RIGHT now. You’ll be absolutely blown away. E.K. Blair pushes the limits on so many aspects of writing in this one novel. I can’t even imagine how she felt after writing. I feel like she needed a stiff drink, and then patted herself on the back – knowing how truly astonishing this story is. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...