Saturday, April 11, 2015

[Review] Aventurine

Aventurine (Chalcedony Chronicles #3)


Mari’s past and present are all mixed together. To start she finds herself trapped in the past while her friends from the past are now all in the future. She wants to go home, but Logan Jones has different plans—which include Mari. He might say he wants her, but soon she realizes that there’s something more behind it. To save everyone in the future, Mari strikes a deal. She must give up Seth and agree to date Logan. In return, he’ll teach her to how help her friends and family. Only, letting go of Seth and falling for Logan aren’t easy feats. If Mari can’t figure out how to do so, she might lose everyone she loves. 



          Let me start by saying that I'm forever in awe of BK's masterpieces that she calls novels. If you haven't started reading this series (The Chalcedony Chronicles), you should IMMEDIATELY start. This author has had me completely immersed in her works since her very first novel, To Stand By Her. I've been completely captivated by BK's raw talents and the immense originality and creativity behind her stories. Honestly I don't think I'll ever stop gushing about B. Kristin McMichael. Anyone I meet whether it be online or in person, and I know they're a reader – I suggest this authors novels to.   
           Aventurine is the 3rd installment in The Chalcedony Chronicles. This book is such an amazing follow up to the first two beautiful novels, Carnelian (Book 1) and Chrysophrase (Book 2). Reviewing a book in a series can sometimes be hard, especially later in the series – because I just don't want to give away any plot lines! I will say that the fluidity of this series is astonishing and the imagery will have your mind reeling about the places and times that the characters meet. I've always been semi-interested in history, but these novels pique my interest to a whole new level. The fact that you can picture in your mind how things used to be, compared to what they are today is something you'll never forget. For instance, being able to go back in time and see something before it came to the ruins that it is presently is so thought provoking.

               I absolutely loved this book and of course, I devoured it like all of BK's other masterpieces. This novel definitely packed quite a few punches and left my mind wandering in 20 different directions about theories that I think may come true. I adored the fact that there was a new character introduced to the story named Kye, and he is amazing in every aspect. There is so many things that I want to be able to say about Aventurine, but I just can't because I'm so completely against spoilers. I've definitely got some hunches on things though, and can't wait to see how they pan out. I really do urge you to read this series, its excellence is out of this world, and if I could buy everyone I know a copy just so that I could talk about B. Kristin McMichael's stories with, I totally would. If you're willing to give a new (to you) author a chance, I HIGHLY recommend this one. Hands down, one of the best writers I've read in a long time. All her books are a must read, and once you read them – come talk to me!!!


B. Kristin McMichaelOriginally from Wisconsin, B. Kristin currently resides in Ohio with her husband, two small children, and three cats. When not doing the mom thing of chasing kids, baking cookies, and playing outside, she is using her PhD in biology as a scientist. In her free time she is currently hard at work on multiple novels. Every day is a new writing adventure. She is a fan of all YA/NA fantasy and science fiction.



 B.Kristin McMichael's series:

**Photo's are linked to AMAZON**

→The Chalcedony Chronicles←

         BOOK 1                                          BOOK 2                                       BOOK 3
Carnelian (Chalcedony Chronicles, #1)                Chrysoprase                Aventurine (Chalcedony Chronicles #3)
Start this series today, Carnelian is ONLY 99¢!!!!!  


→The Blue Eyes Trilogy←
         BOOK 1                                 BOOK 2                                           BOOK 3
The Legend of the Blue Eyes (Blue Eyes, #1)              Becoming a Legend (Blue Eyes, #2)          Winning the Legend (Blue Eyes, #3)

Start this series today, The Legend Of Blue Eyes is ONLY 99¢!!!!!   

→The Day Human Trilogy←
BOOK 1                          BOOK 2                                  BOOK 3

                               The Day Human Prince (Day Human, #1)            The Day Human King (Day Human, #2)
                      

→Standalone←
To Stand Beside Her


Don't forget to enter!!!
WIN a SIGNED copy of Carnelian on Goodreads 
[Ends April 18th, 2015]



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...