Tuesday, April 23, 2013

[Top Ten Tues] #5

Top Ten Tues is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke & The Bookish

This week's Top Ten:
 [Books I Thought I'd like more/less than I did]

Kait [Vixen 1's picks]
Requiem (Delirium, #3)
- Requiem by Lauren Oliver
I was SO excited for this book, but I found myself very unsatisfied.
Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1)
-Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines 
I am a huge fan of Abbi, but for some reason I did not connect with this story at all. 
Halo (Halo, #1)
-Halo by Alexandra Adornetto
I read this at a time when I was REALLY into angel stories, but  I hated this one.
Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1)
-Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens
I really liked Effortless, and am currently reading Reckless, but the only thing that saved this book for me was Kellan Kyle. I'm not a fan of Keira. 
Bloodrose (Nightshade, #3)
-Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer
Confession: I never finished this book. Wolfsbane was somewhat of a disappointment for me and I couldn't get into it, especially after I read a serious spoiler.]

Beth [Vixen 2]'s Picks:
The Farm (The Farm, #1)
-The Farm by Emily McKay
I never finished this. I wanted to like it so bad, but I think at the time.. I just wasn't into it. I got about halfway through and it took me about a month. YEAH. That's a long time. Eventually I'd like to pick this back up and see how it plays out.
Long Lankin
-Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough
I actually won this off of a blog hop. I wanted to read it pretty bad, too. It wasn't a bad story, it was actually a pretty good story line BUT it was entirely too slow for me. 
Reached (Matched, #3)
-Reached by Ally Condie
I was pretty upset about this. I may be one of the only people that says this but I thought this was super drawn out and VERY wordy. I understood why she went the way she did, and I loved parts of it.. but I just felt like took too long to get the point across. [Like this little blurb lol]
Passion (Fallen, #3)
-Passion by Lauren Kate
Honestly... compared to the first two books in this series I thought this was mediocre at best. I'm super hesitant to read Rapture now, because of it. I do want to finish out the series though. I would like to love it again.

I can't think of a 5th right now... So We are leaving you with only 9 this week!

What did you think you would love and just didn't live up to expectations!?
Leave us a comment below and we'll be sure to comment back ;) 



15 comments:

  1. Great list! There's several of these on my TBR pile - they may have to wait longer, lol.

    New Follower :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeeeeeeeeeep. Pretty much. I never finished Crossed, even though I loved Matched. And Halo is probably my least favorite book of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Requiem because I found Delirium really boring =(

    I think I wanted to read Long Lankin & The Farm at one point as well.

    It's so disappointing to read a boring book =(

    (Thanks for stopping by & becoming a follower. I've followed you back as well) =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you completely on Halo - super disappointed in that. I'm also a bit nervous about Requiem, as I've heard more than one person say it disappointed. Ah, well. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should know that no one is a fan of Keira! She is like the most frustrating character ever! But Kellan luckily saves the day! :) I still haven't read Requiem and I'm scared to read it. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so nervous of Requiem after so many disappointing reviews. Thanks for stopping by my list, following you back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I abandoned The Farm too - I just wasn't feeling it! I'm going to start Requiem with no expectations, ending a series is always a risky business!

    Great list :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got books for the Delirium and Fallen series. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only read Requiem from your list, but I differed. I actually liked the way it ended. I had to think on it a bit, but I decided I really did enjoy it. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT... I've followed back!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Work! Love your blog-it's gorgeous! Fallen Too Far is on my TBR pile, not so sure about it now... :-S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list ladies! It is tough when subsequent books do not live up to our hopes for it. Thank you for stopping by Love.Life.Read

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard a lot of people being disappointed by Halo. Aw I loved Reached but I was okay with the slow plot and I actually loved the wordiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of these yet. Some of them have been hyped pretty highly, so I'm glad to have at least one dissenting opinion to balance things out. Thank you for pointing out what you didn't like rather than just making a list!

    I chose some books I liked more than expected as well as books I liked less than I expected to; you can see my list here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I started Halo on audiobook a few weeks ago, and had to stop. I just couldn't get into the writing. I'm okay with it though the more I talk to others who read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Someone else who agrees with me on Bloodrose! That made my list too. I actually really liked Rapture. Definitely give it a go and see if you like it. I had Crossed on my list. I liked Reached ok.

    My TTT

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...