Sunday, March 31, 2013

[Review] A Shade of Vampire - Bella Forrest

A shade of Vampire - Bella Forrest
       
A Shade of Vampire (A Shade of Vampire, #1)


I was given the opportunity by the Author to read this in return for an honest review.
Let me start off by saying, I LOVE this cover. I think it’s so beautiful.  I’d like to admit, I’ve been shying away from any vampire novels, simply because I just need a break from paranormal. Don’t get wrong, I love me some paranormal.  This novel definitely got me interested in the paranormal again. Even though this was a quick read, it still had so much heart and genuinely held my interest. 

I think I’m really a sucker for a dual POV.  I love hearing both sides, at the same time. Especially Derek, the male POV.  Bella Forrest really nailed the angst between the main characters of Derek and Sofia. Derek,  a Vampire Prince from the royal Novak family has been sleeping for 400 years.  Derek only wanted to escape his doom. However, fate and his family had other plans for him.  Now Sofia, she considers herself a ‘nobody’.  Facing death kind of  brings out the kick-ass I don’t give a shit sassy persona in someone though.

I really liked the romance in this novel. Derek was captivated by Sofia.  Sofia made Derek earn her trust, slowly.  I absolutely loved the whole aspect of how they live. So new and refreshing.  I literally stopped reading a few times just to take a mental tour of the beautiful  scenery I imagined. Bella Forrest did an amazing job with the imagery and this novel was extremely well written. The only qualm I have is that it was short. 

I definitely can’t wait to read more about Derek and Sofia's future, in the sequel coming out.  I would recommend this to anyone who loves a good paranormal romance.  Don’t be worried about the whole Vampire cliché either.  This is charmingly different.  Again, even though it was short, it really did hold my interest and I found myself wanted to turn the page just to find out what happens next. Yes… I’m so guilty with that! Then I get mad at myself when I read it, because I have to backtrack.  As short as this novel was, it definitely gave me a book hangover. I don’t want to wait to read the next installment… Let me have it nowwwwww!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...