Wednesday, January 29, 2014

[Waiting On Wednesday] #4



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly Meme started over at Breaking The Spine.


Kait's Pick:
City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)City of Heavenly Fire - Cassandra Clare
Expected Publication: May 27th, 2014


ΕRCHOMAI, SEBASTIAN HAD SAID. 

I am coming.

Darkness returns to the Shadowhunter world. As their society falls apart around them, Clary, Jace, Simon and their friends must band together to fight the greatest evil the Nephilim have ever faced: Clary’s own brother. Nothing in the world can defeat him — must they journey to another world to find the chance? Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world changed in the sixth and last installment of the Mortal Instruments series!

                      


Beth's Pick:


Pretty Little ThingsPretty Little Things - Theresa Mummert
Expected Publication: March 11th, 2014

Annie grew up with a warped family who didn't shelter her from the horrors of the world. In fact, they threw it at her feet. 
When she meets a boy who shows her affection she struggles with feelings she had never experienced before. But her family is not willing to let her go easily. 
Even if Annie is able to escape their control, the damage done to her will haunt her for the rest of her life. 

“You’re such a pretty little thing, Annie.” Nana rocked on her wooden rocker. The paint was pealing and it squeaked as it rolled over the dingy linoleum. 

“Thank you, Nana.” I smiled as I smoothed down the knotted hair of my Barbie. 

Nana’s lips puckered and pulled together in a hard line, her wrinkled skin creasing around the ledge of her lips. She leaned closer to me, grunting as she stretched and tapped her old cane against the floor to get my attention. I glanced up at her through tangled dirty blonde locks, green eyes wide and waiting. 

“You’re an ugly little thing on the inside, aren’t you dear?” He eyes narrowed, the milky like covering over the pupils made her look like she was possessed.

Thanks for visiting our WoW this week ;)
Leave us a comment with a link to your WoW so we can see what YOU'RE waiting for!

2 comments:

  1. CoHF was my WoW last week! So excited for it <3 But scared too, because I don't want anyone I love to die :/
    Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that CoHF finally has a cover, I used it for my WoW this week as well :) I still need to catch up in the series, but I have been waiting until closer to the release of this book. Great pick!!

    Here is my WoW: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/01/waiting-on-wednesday-city-of-heavenly.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...