Friday, February 7, 2014

[Review] Darkness Before Dawn


Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness, #2)

Holy Shit. Every question I had has been answered. I seriously loved the first book, but this one… OH. My. GOD. Perfection.  Talk about serious book hangovers.  I devoured the first one, but this one completely engulfed me and utterly consumed my soul!! Claire has managed to write an even better sequel to her debut novel. Let me tell you, I’m most definitely a new fangirl of Claire Contereras. This author is one to be added to your one-click list, for sure. 

“I’ve loved you for half a lifetime, and I’ll love you for many more beyond this one. I love you to the moon and back. Forever.”

Darkness Before Dawn picked up exactly where There is No Light in Darkness left off. Yes, I’m talking about that awful cliffhanger! For those of you who haven’t read this series because it has that mega cliffhanger, DO IT NOW! Honestly – for anyone… READ this NOW! I do warn you though, once you read the first one… you’ve GOT to read the second one right away because you NEED to know what happens. That being said… I wouldn’t start this right before bed, unless you don’t want to go to work in the morning. :) 

“We’re just two broken people in love trying to heal each other, and despite everything, we don’t want to be with anybody else.”

Now in the first book you get a little snippet of the inner works in the relationship between Blake and Cole.  Now since I pride myself in not spoiling books for others… it’s gonna be incredibly hard to review this without giving the plot away. I will say that The relationship is definitely tested in this novel, and overcoming fears is of the utmost importance. 

“I loved you then, I love you now, and I’ll love you always. You’ve always been it for me, Blake.”

You get to meet a few new characters in this book, one being Dean.  Now don’t get me wrong, I love me some Cole, but Dean is a serious threat! I hated him at first, but then he grew on me, and now I just want to eat him alive. Nom Nom Nom! There are a few other characters you get to meet, the good guys and the bad guys. I won’t get into names cause you’ll get confused if you haven’t read the first book!

“I know there will never be anyone else because she’s it for me, always has been.”

After everything that Cole goes through, he sticks it out for his one true love. His relationship with Blake goes from like a 5 to a 10 in intenseness. I must give it to him for being so devoted to her, and her to him. Things weren’t easy for them in the first book, but now they’re even worse. I thought there were secrets in the first book, HAH! This book blows those secrets away. Twists and turns around every corner, you never know what’s going to happen next. Not only are you at the edge of your seat, but you don’t know who is doing what for who, and AHHH! Shit’s just CRAY CRAY.

“My soul belongs to you, Blake. I go where you go. I can’t live without you- I don’t want to live without you. If you die tomorrow, I die with you.”

Darkness before Dawn is a powerful and astonishing read.  I really feel that all questions were answered, and the ending was pure perfection. Claire Contereras is definitely an author to look out for, and I highly anticipate any new novel that she releases.  Seriously, if you’re still thinking about reading this series, STOP THINKING AND BUY IT! It’s totally worth it. 100 thousand times over, Buy it. Read it. You WILL love  it. Go go go, right meow! You will not be disappointed. But I remind you, you may want to have enough time to read both books at once, because they’re THAT good! Oh, and there are so many amazing quotes from this book that I had a hard time narrowing it down!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...