Sunday, April 24, 2016

[Review] Out of The Wreckage


Out of the Wreckage (Second Chance Series, #2)


After working hard to pick up the pieces of their broken childhoods, Miranda and Jason have what they’ve always wanted: a true and honest love. 
But even true love shatters if you treat it wrong. 
When a rich and successful fling from Miranda’s past shows up and takes an interest in her, Jason begins to question his own worth. 
He never doubted their love, but he wants Miranda to have the best life possible. The life she deserves. 
And maybe he isn’t the one to give it to her. 
When doubt and betrayal set in, Jason and Miranda must fight for their love in the wreckage…before it is destroyed forever.



Wow.  I can’t even begin to say how amazing this book was. Talk about the perfect follow up to a novel. I am so completely satisfied with everything that happened in this story that I’m not even sure how to process. It’s been quite a while since I’ve read a book, let alone wrote a review for one, and I’m definitely feeling how much I have lost touch with my love of literacy for far too long. I’d like to give a big thank you to CeeCee James for reawakening the love that I thought I’d lost. CeeCee you are truly an outstanding author and it has and will continue to be an honor to read the stories that you write. 

This story represents sacrifice and what it means in a relationship.  Ms. James will pull on your heart strings and never let go.  I cried, laughed, got angry, and squealed with happiness several times while reading this. As I write this review there are so many things that I want to splurge out and tell you how I really feel about them, but I can’t. I can’t ruin this story for anyone.  Although this has probably one of the best happily ever after (for now, maybe) I’ve ever read. 

Out of The Wreckage completely topped the first book in my eyes. Getting to learn more about the characters and delving further into their lives in a way that makes you feel as if you’re living in the story with them.  Jason and Miranda are one of my all-time favorite character couples. The love, honor, trust, and connection that the two have are simply irrevocable.  The growth of a person is such an important part of life, either you adapt to your surroundings or you don’t.  In this novel you get to see the evolution of Jason, as well as Miranda. The journey that you take with Jason in this novel is unbelievable. You get to see firsthand how each decision made effects both partners of the relationship, as it is told in a dual POV. 

I can’t even begin to tell you how much this book AND Ms. James have made me want to do something more. The ultimate compassion that is shown from these characters to people in need really makes you think about if you’re doing enough for other people.
Ms. James did write this series so that they may be read as standalones, however I highly recommend reading the first novel before reading this so as you get the back story.  That being said I can’t wait to dive into the 3rd book tonight! 


Other books in this series:
Book 1                                   Book 3
Wrecked and Yours (Second Chance Series, #1)             A Beautiful Wreck (Second Chance Series, #3)
Goodreads  |  Amazon              Goodreads  |  Amazon 

CeeCee JamesCeeCee James is a wife, mom, owner of two mini-dashchunds, writer, and watercolor artist. 

Her fictional series, Wrecked and Yours, is about love, secrets and navigating life. It's romantic, uncertain and messy, like life often is. It's describes their season to make a choice, "look at life honestly and deal with it, or continue to run away." CeeCee absolutely loved writing it, and hopes it resonates with you because everyone has an important story of what they've overcome.
http://joyfullivingpafterchildabuse.blogspot.com/








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...