Thursday, October 24, 2013

[Review] Losing Hope

Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2)

“I wonder if it's possible for people to fall in love with a person one characteristic at a time, or if you fall for the entire person at once.” 

“I let everything I’m seeing sink in because this is what I want to remember the most. I want to remember exactly what she looks like the second she hands over a piece of her heart.”

I’ve been trying to review this book for over a week now. Without any progress, I’m now forcing myself to just write. When it comes to Colleen Hoover books, it’s so hard to prepare yourself mentally for the amount of feelings that you want to put into your review. I want to reciprocate EVERY moment that meant something to me that I’ve read in her books, in my review. It’s impossible to tell you how much I felt while reading this. I’m just going to say, I think I cried for the first 9 chapters, continuously. I loved Hopeless with such ferocity and I’m SO happy that I got an email from Netgalley for Losing Hope. There aren’t enough words to describe Colleen Hoover’s writing. Well, obviously besides the words Obviously. A. Fucking. Genius. [in a sentence, of course].

I honestly think that I am more in love with Dean Holder now, than I was in Hopeless. I really enjoyed the fact that this was in Holders perspective. I didn’t know what to expect when I first started reading Losing Hope. The only way I can describe this book, is It’s How can a book be so painstakingly DIFFERENT yet it’s EXACTLY the same. Once you read both books, you’ll understand. I completely fell in love with the characters again and everything in between. The in depth look that you get into Holder… leaves you speechless. Learning so much about his backstory and why he is the way he is just KILLS YOU. 

I literally lived for those letters to Les. I couldn’t even deal. Les brings a whole new level to the story of Holder & Sky. Not to mention Daniel. Fucking Daniel… while I’m crying my eyes out over the events that are transpiring… Daniel comes in and makes me giggle to no extent. He is completely a hot mess who is passionate, random, caring, sarcastic and witty aka… The PERFECT sense of humor. I want him as my best friend. There is something to be said about people who can leave, and then when they come back… you pick up right where you left off. As if time hasn’t even passed. No matter how long the distance, or how large the amount of time – nothing changes. [Yes Kait, that comment is totally meant for you. Face it. You’re my best soul sister, forever.] 

Can I just say that it’s impossible to JUST read a Colleen Hoover book? You can’t. You are 100% in the book. Feels. Feels. Feels. I was devastated. I was in love. I dreamt. This is the ultimate perfection of a second novel. I’ve never felt like a story has been more complete than now. Hopeless was an unfinished puzzle. Losing Hope, was the missing pieces. I understand so much better. What you think you know, is just the surface. Reading Hopeless does give you an advantage of the plot twists…. But it still doesn’t prepare you for the emotions of going through it with another perspective. Just when you think you know what’s coming, it’s like “Oh, ok.. so this is going to happen” NO! It’s so much more. Like I said before. NOTHING like Hopeless, but EXACTLY the same

You don’t HAVE to read Hopeless before you read Losing Hope, but I recommend it. However, I do plan on re-reading this series at some point… and reading Losing Hope before reading Hopeless, just so I can experience the whole thing again, through yet another perspective! Colleen I want to hug you and never let you go. [in a non-tie you to your chair in a basement way]. If you haven’t picked up this book, You need to. RIGHT MEOW. And if you have picked it up… you better yell at those who haven’t picked it up yet, now that it’s available!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...